Several county offices will be closed as they prepare to move to the new Georgetown Annex building at the end of January and beginning of February, according to a news release on Jan. 15.
The new Georgetown Annex is a 60,000-square-foot, two-story annex located at 100 Wilco Way in Georgetown. The building will include offices for the Precinct 3 Commissioner Valerie Covey, and the precinct’s constable and justice of the peace as well as purchasing, human resources, veterans services and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. In addition, it will have a justice of the peace courtroom, multiple meeting and conference rooms, and a training/teaching space for AgriLife Extension, the release said.
County offices will be closed on a rotating schedule as each moves into the new annex. The closure schedule will be as follows:
- Commissioner Precinct 3: Formerly located at 3010 Williams Drive, the office will be closed Jan. 23-24 with limited access to email and phone calls.
- Purchasing office: Formerly located at 901 S. Austin Ave., the office will be closed for regular business Jan. 23-24.
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 3: Formerly located at 301 S.E. Inner Loop, the office will be closed Jan. 25 and 28.
- Constable Precinct 3: Formerly located at 301 S.E. Inner Loop, the office will be closed Jan. 29-30.
- Veteran services: Formerly located at 3151 S.E. Inner Loop, the office will close from Jan. 29-Feb. 1 and reopen Feb. 4. The office will be responding to emergency requests for assistance only.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension: Formerly located at 3151 S.E. Inner Loop, the office will close from Jan. 29-Feb. 1 and reopen Feb. 4.
- Human resources: Formerly located at 301 S.E. Inner Loop, the office will be closed Jan. 30-31.
All office phone numbers and emails will remain the same.
A ground breaking ceremony for the facility was held Sept. 12, 2017. KAH Architecture was the architect, and Chasco Constructors was awarded the contract for construction manager-at-risk with a guaranteed maximum price of $14,919,081. The contract came in under budget and within the contractual schedule, the release said.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be scheduled at a later date.