Post-Christmas, many residents are slow to start ridding their homes of Christmas decorations, including their trees. The Round Rock Brush Recycling Center, located at 310 Deepwood Drive, Round Rock, will be accepting trees post-Christmas at any time.
However, if you want to immediately plant a tree for a future year, make sure you are one of the first 100 residents who recycle a tree on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2, to receive a free sapling from the center. This offer is limited to Round Rock residents.
The center asks that residents remove all decorations, nails, wires, ornaments, tree stands, lights and tinsel before bringing their tree to be recycled. After trees are dropped off, they are then shredded into a free mulch that Round Rock residents can take advantage of all year long.
The center is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays. All area residents are welcome to drop off their trees.
Residents can also drop off their trees at Zilker Park in the city of Austin, however, trees with artificial snow are not accepted at this location. Recycling drop-off is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 30, Dec. 31, Jan. 6 and Jan. 7.
Other free drop-off locations include:
- TDS Landfill at 3016 FM 1327, Creedmoor
- Eco Depot at 4001 RR 620 S., Bee Cave
- Organics by Gosh at 13602 FM 969, Austin
- Walker Aero Environmental (JV Dirt) at 3600 FM 973, Austin
- Whittlesey Landscape Supplies at 3219 S. I-35, Round Rock
- Whittlesey Landscape Supplies at 629 Dalton Lane, Austin
- Travis County Transfer Station at 2625 Woodall Drive, Leander
- Travis County Service Center at 6013 Blue Bluff Road, Austin
- Del Valle Softball Complex at 3614 FM 973, Del Valle