Voters approved the city’s $720 million mobility bond last November. Of that amount, $482 million will go toward improvements along nine corridors, including Airport Boulevard, Burnet Road, Lamar Boulevard, Slaughter Lane and William Cannon Drive. Improvements could include intersection upgrades, added sidewalks and curb ramps, bicycle facilities, and streetscape upgrades.
The pop-in events are stationed near highly trafficked areas to make it easier for residents to learn about the corridor program, according to a city news release. Residents may also submit feedback on the program and ask any questions. Information will be provided in both English and Spanish.
Visit www.austintexas.gov/corridormobility for more information.
The city will be improving nine corridors (shown in orange) using money from the 2016 mobility bond. Corridors in green will receive preliminary engineering and design work.[/caption]
- Sept. 12: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Walgreens, 1144 Airport Blvd., Austin
- Sept. 15: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Wheatsville Co-op, 4001 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin
- Sept. 15: 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. at L.A. Fitness, 4001 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin
- Sept. 19: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Walmart, 2525 W. Anderson Lane, Austin
- Sept. 27: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at East Communities YMCA, 5315 Ed Bluestein Blvd., Austin
- Sept. 28: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Lowe’s, 13000 N. I-35, Austin
- Oct. 4: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Walmart 9300 S. I-35, Austin
- Oct. 10: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at University Co-op, 2246 Guadalupe St., Austin
- Oct. 12: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Walgreens, 1920 E. Riverside Drive, Bldg. B, Austin
- Oct. 17: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Big Lots, 801 E. William Cannon Drive, Ste. 135B, Austin
Corridor program timeline
- Spring 2017: Staff completed a technical review of existing corridor plans.
- Summer 2017: Staff prioritized projects for proposed Corridor Construction Program.
- Fall 2017: City Council will be updated on the prioritization model.
- Winter 2017: Staff will develop the Corridor Construction Program on how to use the $482 million.
- Spring 2018: Council will consider approving the construction program.
- After spring 2018: The program will be implemented.