Schools and offices throughout Hays County announced delayed openings due to icy weather conditions on Feb. 6. Those delays include:
- San Marcos CISD has announced a two-hour delay for bus transportation and classes.
- Hays CISD has announced a two-hour delay for bus transportation and classes. This also means all pre-K and special education programming shorter than 4 hours is cancelled.
- Hays County offices will open two hours late.
- City of Buda offices will open on time.
- City of Kyle offices will open on time.
- City of San Marcos offices will open two hours late.
- Texas State University has delayed opening until 10 a.m.
According to the National Weather Service, Hays County and much of Central Texas are under a winter weather advisory until 11 a.m. Temperatures are expected to reach as low as the mid-20s until that time.
According to Hays County’s emergency information website, there are currently no road closures in the county.