1. The final day to register to vote in Texas for the Nov. 8 election is Tuesday. We've got all the details on how to register, where and when to vote as well as what to bring with you to the polls.
2. The Real Estate Council of Austin hosts an ideas forum Tuesday to discuss some of the city's transportation projects, including the proposed $720 million mobility bond, the MoPac express lanes and Mobility35. The ideas forum will include project updates from local and regional transportation leaders such as the Texas Department of Transportation, the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and the city of Austin. The forum is held at the JW Marriott, 110 E. Second St., Austin, with registration and networking beginning at 11:15 a.m. and the program beginning at noon.
3. The Austin Film Festival kicks off eight days of panels and screenings this Wednesday. Check out all the local films playing and find information on tickets and film venues here.
4. Travis County Parks suspended swimming at Hamilton Pool after three water-related emergencies occurred during the last three months. There is no current reopening date, but officials said they will try to reopen the pool as soon as possible.
5. Austin ISD is seeking public feedback on its facility master plan. The school district is holding a series of community meetings this week to receive input, with the first meeting occurring at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Eastside Memorial High School, 1012 Arthur Stiles Road, Austin.