In Cedar Park and Leander, library patrons can pick up and drop off books at both public libraries. Neither library is reopening inside rooms or spaces.
Cedar Park Public Library staff will have curbside pickup for holds and drop-off for returnable materials on Mondays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, according to the library website. Material holds can be made online.
Starting May 5, the Leander Public Library will have in-person drop-off and pickup at the library’s main entrance, according to a city release. Material reservations can be made online or by phone.
Both libraries are also offering virtual clubs and storytimes. Cedar Park program registration is online, and programs include:
- All-ages storytime: Read stories and sing songs in the virtual storytime. Storytime is every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
- Virtual craft club for adults: The crafting circle will meet twice a week, and craft supplies will not be provided. The club meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m and Fridays at 1 p.m.
- Book Buzz: Discuss recent book reads in the book club. May meeting dates and times vary.
- Ease into Cookin’: The cooking club discusses recipes, tips and cooking resources. Meetings are Fridays at 3 p.m.
Leander programs include:
- Literally Leander: The book club for young adults will talk via a Goodreads discussion forum.
- Leander Readers: The book club for adults over age 18 will talk via a Goodreads discussion forum.