The program was founded in 2013 by I Live Here I Give Here and has since raised $92.8 million for the local community. Last year’s event raised $13 million, according to I Live Here I Give Here.
Amplify Austin invites participants to give $5 or more to a local cause. Amplify Austin will connect participants with a nonprofit of their choice and can make their donation through the Amplify Austin website. Over 700 nonprofits participate in the day, promoting causes such as civic engagement, basic needs, poverty, education, racial equity, the environment, the arts and more.
For 2023, local businesses and foundations will participate in Amplify Austin Day with prizes, incentives and matching donations.
Some of these incentives include:
- Shield-Ayres Foundation is giving a $10,000 match for all nonprofits in the homelessness category.
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka is giving $25 per gift up to $15,000 when the donor includes #lovetitos at checkout to organizations in the arts category.
- WP Engine will offer a $5,000 match to all the basic-need categories.
- Dirdie Birdie will donate 10% of its overall sales from March 1-2.
- Juniper will donate 10% of its overall sales March 1.
- Uncle Nicky’s will donate 10% of its overall sales from March 1-2.
- H-E-B will give a $10,000 match to environmental nonprofits.
- JuiceLand will donate 100% of its Central Austin sales to Amplify Austin Day for LGBTQ nonprofits.
- 5% of all sales from Amy’s Ice Creams will be donated toward Amplify Austin Day.