Each campus will provide additional events with families through email and websites, according to the LISD website. Students will be allowed to meet their new teachers online.
The open houses are listed below:
- New elementary families: 6:30 p.m. Aug. 4
- pre-K: 5 p.m. Aug. 10
- elementary meet the teacher: 5 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 11
- sixth grade: 6:45 p.m. Aug. 11
- seventh and eighth: 6:30 p.m. Aug. 18
- high school: Aug. 24, start times to be determined by campuses
The first day of school is Aug. 13. All students will learn virtually through Sept. 4.
On Sept. 7, campuses are scheduled to reopen, giving students the option to choose between either 100% virtual or 100% in-person learning. Elementary students may also choose hybrid learning, which combine virtual and in-person instruction.
The deadline for district families to determine which method of learning each student will use is Aug. 6.