The estimated cost for 2020-21 is $9,252,517, according to LISD documents.
The position total is based on the moderate growth scenario in the demographer’s report, an annual study that gauges district demographic and enrollment changes.
After the Feb. 20 discussion, the trustees will have the opportunity to vote on the recommendation at the Feb. 27 regular meeting.
If approved, the administration can begin advertising the openings and hiring, according to LISD documents.
Positions, recommended number of hires and cost are listed below.
- pre-K-12 teachers, 87.5, $5.46 million
- bilingual pre-K-5 teachers, 12, $797,400
- special education teachers, 22, $1.38 million
- pre-K instructional assistant, 25.5, $679,575
- bilingual pre-K instructional assistants, 5, $146,775
- elementary assistant principal, 3, $220,503
- elementary office assistant, .5, $15,425
- elementary PE assistant, 3, $79,950
- elementary fine arts assistant, 2.5, $68,725
- elementary library assistant, 3, $79,950
- High school counselor (Vandegrift), 1, $74,056
- High school assistant principal (Vista Ridge), 1, $84,112
- media specialist (Vista Ridge), 1, $62,325
- administrative assistant (Vista Ridge), 0.5, $23,571
- attendance clerk (Vista Ridge), 1, $36,345
- registrar (Vandegrift), 0.5, $25,899
- registrar (Vista Ridge), 0.5 $25,899
- TOTAL: $9.25 million
The district has been averaging over 1,000 new students a year, according to LISD. A new school, Danielson Middle School, is opening in August.