Buoys preventing river-goers from passing underneath the San Antonio Street Bridge were removed this morning and the Last Public Exit is ready for use, according to the city of New Braunfels.
The buoys previously prevented travel under the bridge to protect people from potential falling debris from construction, but it was announced at the May 11 City Council meeting that substantial completion on the San Antonio Street Bridge project had been reached.
Work is still being done on the bridge and an engineer for TxDOT, Will Lockett, said the project is aiming for completion by Labor Day. TxDOT is estimating that vehicle traffic may resume in early August, according to a press release issued by the city.
"The bridge looks great," said Mayor Barron Casteel at the council meeting. "I'm ready to walk across it."













