Drivers throughout the Greater Houston area can expect several lane closures in the region this weekend, as announced by the Texas Department of Transportation and Harris County Toll Road Authority.
1. Beltway 8 is closed in both directions between Hwy. 35 and Pearland Parkway from 3-5 a.m. June 18.
2. One inside lane of the Hwy. 249 frontage road from FM 2920 to Brown Road is closed 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 17.
3. Westbound lanes of I-10 E. at Loop 610 E. are closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19. Drivers can detour from Loop 610 to Hwy. 59 and I-10.
4. The southbound connector ramp from Loop 610 E. to westbound lanes of I-10 E. is closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19. To detour, drivers can exit to the frontage road at Gellhorn Drive, continue on the frontage road to the I-10 westbound frontage road and re-enter the highway.
5. Two inside lanes of I-10 eastbound from Studemont Street to Houston Avenue are closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19.
6. Inside lanes of Loop 610 S. eastbound and westbound from Scott Street to Almeda Road are closed continuously until 5 a.m. June 26. Drivers can expect travel delays, as the number of lanes available will decrease from three to two lanes.
7. Northbound and southbound lanes of Hwy. 59 between FM 762/Thompson Road to Hwy. 99/FM 2759 are closed from 8 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19. One alternate lane is available. Drivers can detour to the frontage road at Williams Way.
8. Westbound lanes of Hwy. 290 from Bingle Road to Tidwell Road are closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 9 p.m. June 18. Drivers can detour to the frontage road by taking the Bingle Road/Pinemont Drive exit and re-entering the highway after Tidwell Road. Police officers will be on site at intersections to help with traffic flow.
9. The westbound connector ramp from U.S. 90 to I-10 E. is closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19. Drivers can detour from Loop 610 N. to Hwy. 59 to I-10.
10. The eastbound connector ramp from I-10 to Loop 610 N. and Loop 610 S. is closed nightly 9 p.m.-9 a.m. June 15 to June 17 and 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. overnight June 18. Drivers can detour to the Washington Avenue/Westcott Street exit and turn left at the intersection of I-10 W. to Loop 610 N. or Loop 610 S.
11. The northbound connector ramp from I-45 S. to Beltway 8 S. is closed continuously from 9 p.m. June 16 to 5 a.m. June 19. To detour, drivers can exit at Almeda-Genoa Road, u-turn and continue onto east and westbound lanes of Beltway 8 via the next connector ramp.
12. The eastbound and westbound connector ramps from Loop 610 S. to Hwy. 288 S. are closed nightly 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. June 16 to June 20. Drivers can detour at the Scott Street exit. One inside lane of the eastbound connector ramp and all lanes of the westbound connector ramp from Loop 610 S. to Hwy. 288 N. are also closed during that time. Eastbound drivers can detour at the Bellfort Street exit, and westbound drivers can exit at Fannin Street.