April 29: Participate in a day of activities
Alders Magnolia, an age 55-plus community, is hosting a Day in the Sun event where attendees will be able to enjoy activities, such as craft workshops, educational talks and fitness classes. There will also be tours, leasing specials, live music and a happy hour at the event.
- 10 a.m.
- 33118 Magnolia Circle, Magnolia
April 29: Enjoy a festival
The Peel For A Purpose crawfish festival will feature crawfish and non-crawfish food options, live music, and bounce houses. Live music will be performed by artists Brian Sacco, Gary Kyle, Josh Ward, Casey Donahew and Mandi Powell. Proceeds from the event go toward Boots For Troops programs.
- 1-8:30 p.m.
- $20 (adults), $10 (kids), $75 (VIP)
- Show Sports Farm, 32931 Wright Road, Magnolia
- 281-789-7567. www.boots4troops.org/upcoming-events
April 30: Attend a car show
Attendees will be able to see 300-400 vehicles at the Tomball Lions Club’s 29th annual car show. Awards for 41 different categories will be given out at the event, which will also include live music and concessions.
- 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (total event), 3-4 p.m. (awards)
- 13620 Zion Road, Tomball
- 713-410-6542. www.tomballlionsclub.org
April 30: Dine on crawfish
The Tomball Memorial High School FFA Booster Club is hosting a crawfish boil fundraiser that will include live music, a photo booth, vendors, raffle prizes and other refreshments.
- 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (event). Noon-4 p.m. (crawfish available)
- Crawfish starts at $7 per pound
- Tomball VFW, 14408 Allice Road, Tomball
April 30: Join a plaster workshop
The Ardest Gallery is hosting a plaster workshop, at which attendees will use their hands and arms to create a plaster sculpture. While waiting for the plaster to set, attendees will also have the chance to glaze a plate.
- 1-4 p.m.
- 903 Honea Egypt Road, Magnolia
April 30: Listen to live music
Main Street Crossing will host Dawn Turlington on its stage for two Karen Carpenter tribute shows.
- 2:30 p.m. (doors open, matinee), 4 p.m. (show starts, matinee), 6:30 p.m. (doors open, evening), 8 p.m. (show starts, evening)
- Tickets start at $41.
- 111 W. Main St., Tomball
- 281-290-0431. www.mainstreetcrossing.com
April 30: Browse a small-business market
Paradigm Brewing Company is hosting a small-business market that will feature over 50 vendors and live music.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- 2130 S. Persimmon Lane, Tomball