1. The national, veteran-owned company JDog Junk Removal & Hauling launched its newest franchise in Montgomery County on Aug. 1. Under owner Ryan Donnell, a U.S. Coast Guard veteran, JDog offers the removal of furniture, appliances, mattresses, carpet, junk, yard waste and construction debris as well as home clean-outs and other labor services. Donnell's The Woodlands-based franchise operates from Spring and Klein to Conroe and Cut and Shoot. 832-592-0511. www.jdogjunkremoval.com
2. Family dentist Smile of The Woodlands opened in Panther Creek on Aug. 1. Under Dr. Serge Kupetz, services offered at Smile's at 4840 W. Panther Creek Drive, Ste. 211, The Woodlands, include X-rays, surgeries, implants, crowns and bridges. 832-791-5505. https://smile-of-the-woodlands-family-dental-practice.business.site
3. The Signorelli Company, a The Woodlands-based real estate and development firm, announced the launch of its new built-for-rent division Rental Properties of America in mid-September.
“With industry-leading divisions in land development, home building and multi-family property management, TSC is uniquely positioned to meet the growing demand for high-quality single-family rental homes in the Greater Houston area as an alternate to traditional multi-family rentals” Chief Operating Officer Greg Armstrong said in a statement.
The Signorelli Company is currently involved in the development of a dozen Greater Houston communities across more than 10,000 acres of land, the company said, including more than 2,000 lot positions available for the new single-family rental division. Stephanie Graves, head of the company's Residential Property Management Division, will lead Rental Properties of America alongside her property management team from Signorelli's headquarters at 1401 Woodlands Parkway, The Woodlands. 281-761-6363. www.rpaliving.com
4. Austin-based bootmaker Tecovas will launch its tenth retail location Oct. 9 in The Woodlands. The new Market Street store at 9595 Six Pines Drive, Ste. 550, The Woodlands, is Tecovas's second to open in the Greater Houston area and will feature a variety of Western footwear, apparel and accessories for sale. Services, including boot shines and leather debossing, will also be offered, and refreshments, such as soda, beer, bourbon and cocktails, will be available for customers. 281-819-3399. www.tecovas.com
5. Lebox Mobile Self-Storage is anticipating an October launch just east of I-45. Lebox will offer 8-foot-by-16-foot containers for moving and storage services throughout north Harris and Montgomery counties from its location at 101 S. Trade Center Parkway, The Woodlands. 936-391-8313. www.leboxstorage.com
6. Better Bookeepers, Inc. marked its 10th year of operations in September. The independent firm, which operates in The Woodlands from an office at 19221 I-45 N., Ste. 300, The Woodlands, provides a variety of bookkeeping, consulting and other financial services for individuals, nonprofits and small- to medium-size businesses. Better Bookkeepers was founded in 2010 by Melanie Bush, who now serves as Montgomery County treasurer, and it serves the Houston- and Austin-area markets from its locations in The Woodlands and Georgetown. 832-299-6712. www.betterbookkeeperstx.com