Families are invited to travel back in time this weekend at the George Ranch Historical Park.
The park, which has been closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, is beginning a phased reopening June 4-6, according to a press release. The park will be open from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
To comply with social distancing and health guidelines, George Ranch Historical Park has implemented a number of precautions, including:
- Guests must purchase tickets in advance online.
- Masks are mandatory for all guests age 10 and older as well as staff and volunteers.
- The park will be operating at 25% capacity, and guests are asked to maintain 6 feet of space between one another.
- Increased cleaning protocols will take place along with the installation of hand sanitizer stations throughout the park.
- Modified hours and programming: These changes include offering the cattle demonstration at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. only and canceling house tours at the 1890s Davis Victorian Mansion and 1930s George Ranch Home. Other outdoor activities will be planned in lieu of these tours.
According to the George Ranch Historical Park website, guests can purchase tickets for June 4-6 and June 11-13. Additional dates will be made available in the future.