Family provides cancer patients support and supplies at Cure & Co. in Sugar Land

Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom Irma, co-own Cure & Co. in Sugar Land. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)

Cure & Co. carries items, such as wigs, needed during cancer treatment.
Sisters Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom, Irma, own and operate Cure & Co., a cancer wellness boutique. Cure & Co. opened in 2013 after both Sasha and her mother had been through treatments for breast cancer.

Sasha said the boutique strives to be an elegant, beautiful place that carries all of the products that women of all ages need while they go through treatment. Sasha also said Cure & Co. is special because its owners understand what cancer patients and their families are going through.

“I think a lot of people who have been through treatment come to us because they know we understand,” Francesca said. “They know that we’ve been through it; we’ve seen it; we understand, and so we’re more compassionate towards that.”

Cure & Co. carries a variety of skin care products, head coverings, bras, breast forms, wigs and wig-maintenance products. Francesca specializes in helping clients choose a wig that they feel pretty and confident wearing.

“We have women walk in here who are sad, and walk out of here with such joy ... because we don’t make it sad,” Francesca said. “It’s not something to be sad about, you know. It is, and it isn’t. Happiness and feeling good about yourself definitely does a lot of healing.”

In 2013, the Klinks also opened Pop & Pigment, a sister business to Cure & Co. that provides spa services, at the same address. Sasha, an aesthetician by trade, said many of their clients who are cancer survivors come for microblading services to restore their eyebrows through cosmetic tattooing after chemotherapy. The family is currently in the process of rebranding Pop & Pigment as Glow House.

Sasha said with this business they are able to be a part of some of the most difficult and emotional times in someone’s life. She told the story of a mother and daughter duo who were both clients and cancer survivors. When the daughter’s cancer came back, the mother called them.

“That says something to us,” Sasha said. “For something so detrimental like that, you would be thinking let me call my family; you’d call your closest friends. And they called us, because we were there at the beginning. Unfortunately, it’s happened again, and we’re going to be there for them as well.”

LOCATION:

Cure & Co.

406 Brooks St., Sugar Land

281-265-0533

www.cureandcompany.com

Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., closed Sun.

GLOW HOUSE SERVICES:

Spa services are available to the general public and include:

Facials............................... $90-$190

Peels................................. $45-$125

Dermaplaning............................. $65

Lash lifts..................................... $85

Brow enhancements.......... .$15-$60

Waxing................................ $15-$75

Add-ons.............................. $10-$45
By Claire Shoop

Reporter, Sugar Land/Missouri City

Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

Redistricting is one of the items on the Texas Legislature's third special session, and the state Senate released proposed maps on Sept. 18. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Texas Senate releases proposed redistricting maps as special session begins

Redistricting is one of the items on the third special session, and the state Senate released proposed maps on Sept. 18.

The H-GAC also helps guide transportation activities through the Transportation Policy Council, according to the council's website (Courtesy Fotolia)
Houston-Galveston Area Council celebrates 55th anniversary

The Houston-Galveston Area Council will be celebrating its 55th anniversary this October.

Indian restaurant Mahesh's Kitchen opened Sept. 10 in Sugar Land Town Square. (Courtesy Kirsten Gilliam/Mahesh's Kitchen)
New 'upscale' restaurant Mahesh's Kitchen opens in Sugar Land Town Square

Owner Shubhangi Musale opened the Indian restaurant in memory of her late brother on Sept. 10.

Missouri City's population grew by 10.25% from the 2010 to the 2020 census. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)
Following 2020 census, Missouri City to redraw City Council district boundaries

Missouri City's population grew by 10.25% from the 2010 to the 2020 census.

The restaurants featured in this article in Sugar Land and Missouri City offer deals on kids' meals. (Photo courtesy Canva)
Check out these Kid's Eat Free options in the Sugar Land and Missouri City area

Check out these restaurants in Sugar Land and Missouri City that offer deals on kids' meals.

Texas Medical Center coronavirus updates: Daily average hospitalizations drop 15% week over week; ICU sees dip in number of patients

Coronavirus patients at TMC hospitals number 2,107, which in itself is an 11% week over week decline.

My Spice Grocery will open a location in Missouri City in late October. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
International store My Spice Grocery coming to Missouri City

The business will carry fresh produce, halal fish and meat, and ready-to-eat meals.

Forest Park Southwest Cemetery will open in west Houston in late spring 2022. (Courtesy Service Corporation International)
Forest Park Southwest Cemetery to serve Katy, Sugar Land, Missouri City beginning in 2022

The more than 50-acre cemetery will be located at FM 359 and Settegast Ranch Road in Richmond.

At a Sept. 11 practice, Houston Girls Hockey Association teams took the ice to prepare for their first games the weekend of Sept. 17. (Courtesy Houston Girls Hockey Association)
New Houston-area all-girls hockey league set to play first games this weekend, Sept. 17-19

The league was created to give school-aged girls a chance to continue playing hockey through college, since young girls can often feel discouraged playing on co-ed teams, Director of Membership Valory Zeck said.

graphic
DATA: How population changed in Texas counties between census counts in 2010, 2020

Texas added nearly four million people between 2010 and 2020, according to the latest Census data.

The Fort Bend ISD board of trustees officially appointed Christie Whitbeck to be the district's next superintendent. (Courtesy Fort Bend ISD)
Fort Bend ISD board of trustees officially appoints Christie Whitbeck as superintendent

"This is my life's work. It's my passion. And I will give it everything I have," Fort Bend ISD's new superintendent Christie Whitbeck said in an interview with Community Impact Newspaper.