Family provides cancer patients support and supplies at Cure & Co. in Sugar Land

Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom Irma, co-own Cure & Co. in Sugar Land. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)

Cure & Co. carries items, such as wigs, needed during cancer treatment.
Sisters Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom, Irma, own and operate Cure & Co., a cancer wellness boutique. Cure & Co. opened in 2013 after both Sasha and her mother had been through treatments for breast cancer.

Sasha said the boutique strives to be an elegant, beautiful place that carries all of the products that women of all ages need while they go through treatment. Sasha also said Cure & Co. is special because its owners understand what cancer patients and their families are going through.

“I think a lot of people who have been through treatment come to us because they know we understand,” Francesca said. “They know that we’ve been through it; we’ve seen it; we understand, and so we’re more compassionate towards that.”

Cure & Co. carries a variety of skin care products, head coverings, bras, breast forms, wigs and wig-maintenance products. Francesca specializes in helping clients choose a wig that they feel pretty and confident wearing.

“We have women walk in here who are sad, and walk out of here with such joy ... because we don’t make it sad,” Francesca said. “It’s not something to be sad about, you know. It is, and it isn’t. Happiness and feeling good about yourself definitely does a lot of healing.”

In 2013, the Klinks also opened Pop & Pigment, a sister business to Cure & Co. that provides spa services, at the same address. Sasha, an aesthetician by trade, said many of their clients who are cancer survivors come for microblading services to restore their eyebrows through cosmetic tattooing after chemotherapy. The family is currently in the process of rebranding Pop & Pigment as Glow House.

Sasha said with this business they are able to be a part of some of the most difficult and emotional times in someone’s life. She told the story of a mother and daughter duo who were both clients and cancer survivors. When the daughter’s cancer came back, the mother called them.

“That says something to us,” Sasha said. “For something so detrimental like that, you would be thinking let me call my family; you’d call your closest friends. And they called us, because we were there at the beginning. Unfortunately, it’s happened again, and we’re going to be there for them as well.”

LOCATION:

Cure & Co.

406 Brooks St., Sugar Land

281-265-0533

www.cureandcompany.com

Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., closed Sun.

GLOW HOUSE SERVICES:

Spa services are available to the general public and include:

Facials............................... $90-$190

Peels................................. $45-$125

Dermaplaning............................. $65

Lash lifts..................................... $85

Brow enhancements.......... .$15-$60

Waxing................................ $15-$75

Add-ons.............................. $10-$45
SHARE THIS STORY
By Claire Shoop

Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

BREAKING: Explosion at industrial site on Gessner Road prompts investigation, CFISD school closures

An explosion took place at around 4:20 a.m. this morning at a business in the 4500 block of Gessner Road, north of Clay Road in northwest Houston.

Scholars and Scoundrels Bar & Grill now open in Sugar Land

After some delays, the restaurant opened Jan. 22.

FBISD trustees approved the 2020-21 calendar at the Jan. 21 meeting. (Courtesy Fotolia)
Key dates to know: Fort Bend ISD approves 2020-21 school calendar

The calendar was created with input from students, staff, teachers, principals, parents, the school board and community members.

Sahana Gade, a sixth-grade Fort Bend ISD student, appeared on season 8 of "Kids Baking Championship." (Courtesy Sudhaa Gade/Food Network Channel)
Fort Bend ISD student Sahana Gade competes on season 8 of 'Kids Baking Championship'

“My time on the show was a very wonderful time,” Gade said during the Jan. 21 Sugar Land City Council meeting.

From left: Harvest Green General Manager Jerry Ulke; Messina Hof founders Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo; current owners Paul M. and Karen Bonarrigo; Doug Goff with Johnson Development, the developer of Harvest Green; Harvest Green Development Manager David Hogue; and Harvest Green Marketing Director Haley Peck were in attendance at the ceremonial groundbreaking of the Messina Hof Harvest Green Winery and Kitchen. (Courtesy Messina Hof)
Messina Hof breaks ground on Harvest Green location

Messina Hof Harvest Green Winery and Kitchen held its groundbreaking ceremony Jan. 20.

Fort Bend ISD's Malala Elementary School is located at 11770 W. Aliana Trace Drive in Richmond. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)
Fort Bend ISD's 51st elementary school welcomes students after winter break

The building is named after Malala Yousafzai, a Noble Peace Prize recipient and Pakistani advocate for women’s education.

CVS said its new HealthHub concept will open at the Lexington location in Sugar Land this month. (Courtesy CVS Health)
CVS Health debuts new HealthHub concept at Sugar Land location

CVS HealthHubs will offer a wider range of health care services than traditional CVS pharmacies.

Sugar Land's Pier 1 Imports to remain open amid companywide closures

Pier 1 Imports announced eariler this month that it will be closing up to 450 stores.

Several Fort Bend ISD schools are performing their spring musicals in January. (Courtesy Pexels)
9 Fort Bend high school musicals to see in January and February

Local high schools have performances Jan. 16-Feb. 1.

Edward Jones financial advisor Gabriel Trevino moving to the Crossing at Telfair

Trevino's current office is located on Sweetwater Boulevard.

A Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County study on eliminating ride fares left both METRO board members and officials seemingly unconvinced of the likelihood of implementing it in Harris County. (Kelly Schafler/Community Impact Newspaper)
METRO board of directors say free fare 'not feasible' for transit authority

A METRO study on eliminating ride fares left board members and officials unconvinced of the likelihood of implementing it in Harris County.

Back to top