Family provides cancer patients support and supplies at Cure & Co. in Sugar Land

Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom Irma, co-own Cure & Co. in Sugar Land. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)

Cure & Co. carries items, such as wigs, needed during cancer treatment.
Sisters Sasha and Francesca Klink, along with their mom, Irma, own and operate Cure & Co., a cancer wellness boutique. Cure & Co. opened in 2013 after both Sasha and her mother had been through treatments for breast cancer.

Sasha said the boutique strives to be an elegant, beautiful place that carries all of the products that women of all ages need while they go through treatment. Sasha also said Cure & Co. is special because its owners understand what cancer patients and their families are going through.

“I think a lot of people who have been through treatment come to us because they know we understand,” Francesca said. “They know that we’ve been through it; we’ve seen it; we understand, and so we’re more compassionate towards that.”

Cure & Co. carries a variety of skin care products, head coverings, bras, breast forms, wigs and wig-maintenance products. Francesca specializes in helping clients choose a wig that they feel pretty and confident wearing.

“We have women walk in here who are sad, and walk out of here with such joy ... because we don’t make it sad,” Francesca said. “It’s not something to be sad about, you know. It is, and it isn’t. Happiness and feeling good about yourself definitely does a lot of healing.”

In 2013, the Klinks also opened Pop & Pigment, a sister business to Cure & Co. that provides spa services, at the same address. Sasha, an aesthetician by trade, said many of their clients who are cancer survivors come for microblading services to restore their eyebrows through cosmetic tattooing after chemotherapy. The family is currently in the process of rebranding Pop & Pigment as Glow House.

Sasha said with this business they are able to be a part of some of the most difficult and emotional times in someone’s life. She told the story of a mother and daughter duo who were both clients and cancer survivors. When the daughter’s cancer came back, the mother called them.

“That says something to us,” Sasha said. “For something so detrimental like that, you would be thinking let me call my family; you’d call your closest friends. And they called us, because we were there at the beginning. Unfortunately, it’s happened again, and we’re going to be there for them as well.”

LOCATION:

Cure & Co.

406 Brooks St., Sugar Land

281-265-0533

www.cureandcompany.com

Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., closed Sun.

GLOW HOUSE SERVICES:

Spa services are available to the general public and include:

Facials............................... $90-$190

Peels................................. $45-$125

Dermaplaning............................. $65

Lash lifts..................................... $85

Brow enhancements.......... .$15-$60

Waxing................................ $15-$75

Add-ons.............................. $10-$45
By Claire Shoop
Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

coronavirus
Fort Bend County July 15 coronavirus update: 73 new cases, 2 new deaths

The new cases bring the total coronavirus case count countywide to 5,284.

Oak Ridge High School held graduation for an audience of family members in two ceremonies with social distancing measures in place. (Courtesy Conroe ISD)
Teachers, parents express concern about what 2020-21 could hold for Houston-area schools

As school districts throughout the Greater Houston area begin to release details about what in-person and virtual learning options will look like in the fall, questions remain for local parents and educators.

Houston Museum of Natural Science named a new director for the Sugar Land campus and George Observatory on July 15. (Courtesy Visit Houston)
Houston Museum of Natural Science names new director for HMNS—Sugar Land, George Observatory

Kavita Self is the new director of the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land and the George Observatory in Needville.

online
Gov. Abbott: Texas Education Agency to extend online learning option for school districts in 2020-21 school year

Texas school districts may be able to continue online learning for longer than three weeks, according to Gov. Greg Abbott.

Walmart and Sam's Club leaders announced in a press release July 15 all stores nationwide will require shoppers to wear a face covering beginning July 20. (Courtesy Walmart)
UPDATED: Kroger joins Walmart, Sam's Club in requiring face coverings in all stores

Additionally, all Walmart stores will have a single entrance beginning July 20.

The Texas Renaissance Festival returns to Todd Mission for its 46th season Oct. 3. (Courtesy Texas Renaissance Festival)
Texas Renaissance Festival to offer limited number of date-specific tickets July 18; face masks encouraged during 46th season

Should the festival season be canceled amid the coronavirus pandemic, all tickets will be honored for the 2021 festival season, or guests may request a refund, according to festival information.

facemask
Fort Bend County July 14 coronavirus data shows 196 new cases

Recoveries increased day over day by 30 for a total of 1,865 in the county. Two new deaths were also reported for a total of 65.

vote
July 14 primary runoff: Democrats Eric Fagan, Geneane Hughes in tight race to face Trever Nehls in Nov. for Fort Bend County sheriff

Here are the results from six races in Fort Bend County including county sheriff, county attorney and state Rep. District 26.

(Community Impact Newspaper staff)
UPDATE: Nehls claims spot on Nov. 3 ballot as Republican candidate in US Congress District 22 race

The Republican runoff winner will face Sri Preston Kulkarni, who received the majority of votes on the Democratic ticket in the March 3 primary election, on the Nov. 3 Election Day ballot.

New research shows the coronavirus can survive for much longer in the air than previously determined. (Graphic by Justin Howell/Community Impact Newspaper)
UTMB experts say COVID-19 airborne transmission is responsible for rapid spread; virus lasts more than 12 hours in air

Two infectious disease experts from the Bay Area gave an update on the coronavirus and current research efforts July 14.