The historic building first opened in 1902 and is located in Old Town Spring at 103 Midway St., Spring. Over the past century, the restaurant has changed ownership and names multiple times until a fire broke out in March 2015, causing significant damage to the building and forcing its closure.
Two years later, the building was then purchased by the Kosh family in March 2017, who planned to reopen the historic building in spring 2018. Husband and wife Casey and Nancy Kosh also own Amerigo’s Grille, an Italian eatery in The Woodlands.
Although the project was delayed for unknown reasons, a sign on the restaurant now indicates a projected opening date this fall. Community Impact Newspaper has not been able to get in touch with the Kosh family for details on the project as of April 15.
According to real estate broker Cam Collins of The Villages Group, who represented both parties in the 2017 sale, a condition of the sale required any potential purchasers of the historic building to retain the restaurant name, theme and exterior. The building was designated as a historic structure in 1984 by the state of Texas.