“If it were not for COVID-19 and its devastating effects, we would not be filing for Chapter 11," Chief Executive Officer Tony Ueber said in the news release. "With that said, we intend to use the process to strengthen the future of 24 Hour Fitness for our team and club members, as well as our stakeholders."
With the bankruptcy filing, 24 Hour Fitness expects to secure $250 million in debtor-in-possession financing to restructure and reopen its remaining facilities, according to the release.
The following Houston-area locations are now permanently closed:
- 24 Hour Fitness Atascocita, 7098 FM 1960 E., Humble
- 24 Hour Fitness Bingle, 12708 Northwest Freeway, Houston
- 24 Hour Fitness Friendswood, 130 W. Parkwood Ave., Friendswood
- 24 Hour Fitness Fry Road & Saums Road, 19734 Saums Road, Houston
- 24 Hour Fitness Hwy. 249, 21614 Tomball Parkway, Houston
- 24 Hour Fitness Houston FM 1960, 4425 FM 1960 W., Houston
- 24 Hour Fitness Katy, 1550 S. Mason Road, Katy
- 24 Hour Fitness League City, 2765 Gulf Freeway S., League City
- 24 Hour Fitness Pasadena East, 5946 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena
- 24 Hour Fitness Richmond, 5721 Westheimer Road, Houston
- 24 Hour Fitness Spring-Cypress, 25632 Hwy. 290, Cypress
- 24 Hour Fitness West Woodlands, 10860 Kuykendahl Road, The Woodlands