Election day is May 2. The first day of in-person early voting is April 20.
In the city of Fulshear, four people have filed for candidacy for the four open seats, as of 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 24, according to the city secretary:
- Incumbent John Kelly filed for At-large Position 2
- Incumbent Debra L. Cates filed for District 2
- Incumbent Lisa Kettler Martin filed for District 3
- Incumbent Aaron Groff filed for mayor
Three council member seats are open in the city of Katy, but the city did not provide the names of candidates who have filed. The following individuals have announced their candidacy via social media as of 10:10 a.m. on Jan. 27.
- Incumbent Chris Harris filed for At-large
- Incumbent Janet Corte filed for Ward A
- Diane Robichaux Walker filed for Ward A
- Incumbent Durran Dowdle filed for Ward B
- Sam Pearson filed for Ward B
- Steve Pierson filed for Ward B
- Rory Robertson filed for Ward B
The last day to file for the May 2 election is Feb. 14. This story will be updated as additional information is obtained.