Correction: An earlier version of this story said the new location of Van Leeuwen will serve coffee. Company officials clarified that coffee will not be offered.
As developments such as the Montrose Collective continue to grow, residents of the Heights, River Oaks and Montrose area will begin seeing a new list of businesses opening their doors.
1. Picnik is slated to open a Houston restaurant in 2022 at 888 Westheimer Road, Ste. 126, Houston, in the Montrose Collective. Originally from Austin, the restaurant features a menu designed to provide an abundance of options for people who have dietary restrictions. The menu caters to those who are gluten free, peanut free, vegan and paleo. Picnik offers brunch, cocktails, wines, zero-proof alcohol, salads and tacos, among other options. www.picnikaustin.com
2. Marmo, a new Italian concept of Atlas Restaurant Group, will begin serving guests in early 2022 at 888 Westheimer Road, Ste. 100, Houston. According to the restaurant group’s website, the concept was inspired by its Baltimore Italian chophouse, Tagliata. Those who visit will have the opportunity to indulge in fresh handrolled pasta, housemade charcuterie and handcut prime steaks. The 5,500-square-foot space will also have an extensive wine list, a bar and lounge, and a baby grand piano where live performances are slated to take place. 443-682-8950. www.atlasrestaurantgroup.com
3. Van Leeuwen, a New York City-based ice cream shop, will be joining the Montrose Collective with the opening of its third Houston location in 2022. Located at 888 Westheimer Road, Ste. 157, Houston, the ice cream shop will offer a variety of options, including the chain's popular vegan and dairy ice cream flavors, vegan chocolate chip cookies, sundaes and milkshakes. www.vanleeuwenicecream.com
4. Buck Mason, a retail shop in the Montrose Collective, is set to open in the spring at 906 Westheimer Road, Houston. Buck Mason was founded in California by two neighbors who wanted to make fashion less complicated, according to the company's website. This store will offer clothing for both men and women. www.buckmason.com
5. A site plan for the Montrose Collective indicates La La Land Kind Cafe will open at the development in early 2022 at 888 Westheimer Road, Ste. 103, Houston. The concept, which began in Dallas, offers a variety of coffee and matcha classics, teas and food options. Company officials with La La Land Kind declined to confirm the opening of the new location. 214-579-9550. www.lalalandkindcafe.com