May 5-June 3: Explore AAPI stories at the library
The Houston Public Library will showcase an exhibit that documents the history, lives and contributions of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community in Greater Houston. The “Our Vibrant AAPI Community” exhibit will offer a panoramic view of Asian immigrants and their descendants.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Tue.-Sat.)
- Julia Ideson Building Gallery, 550 McKinney St., Houston
- 832-393-1313. www.houstonlibrary.org
Tamarron Clubhouse invites children ages 5-12 to register for a fun drawing experience. This class will be held each Tuesday and will include cartoon drawing and lunches. These drawing courses are a part of Young Rembrandts, an art program that aims to improve children’s academic skills, fine motor skills, social skills and hand-eye coordination. Young Rembrandts courses are available in Katy in Tamarron and Cinco Ranch communities.
- 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Tamarron Clubhouse, 28707 Tamarron Parkway, Katy
The Table at Madeley will host a Cinco De Mayo Tejano two-step. The event will include a live DJ, and food and drink specials. Guests will have room to dance under oak trees and fellowship with other guests.
- 7:30-10 p.m.
- $5 (admission)
- The Table at Madeley, 316 Madeley St., Conroe
- 832-326-2289. www.conroetable.com
The Greater East Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Grand Prix presented by Randall Reed Planet Ford. The networking and team-building event will begin with registration and lunch catered by Texas Roadhouse, followed by a mandatory safety briefing, racing, an awards ceremony and after party.
- 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- $150 (individual racers), $750 (teams of five)
- Speedsportz Racing Park, 23050 Speed St., New Caney
- 281-354-0051. www.gemcchamber.com
Multiplicity Art Studio will host a Cinco de Mayo party with visiting artist Ace McCasland. There will be Mexican festivities, snacks, drinks, and jewelry sold and made by McCasland. Anyone interested can RSVP.
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Multiplicity Art Studio, 1210 Ave. A, Katy
- 832-437-6329. www.multiplicity.co
SMG Boats will host its seventh annual Bugs n Boats festival in Conroe. The event will include food, drinks and family-friendly activities. Attendees will have the opportunity to test drive new 2023 boat models, watch water sports demonstrations, shop vendors, listen to live music, enjoy inflatables, and participate in games and raffles.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- $10 (adults), free (age 12 and younger)
- SMG Boats Conroe, 15096 I-45 S., Conroe
- 936-241-4698. www.facebook.com/smgboatshouston
The Woodlands Chorale will present “The Sacred Veil,” with music by Mozart, Whiteacre and Gjeilo along with a chamber orchestra.
- 7 p.m.
- $20-$25 (adults), $10 (students)
- Christ Church Methodist, 6363 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands
The Rob Fleming Recreation Center Tree House invites residents to participate in a bug scavenger hunt. This event is for anyone interested in learning about common pollinators and bugs using a trail map.
- 11 a.m.
- Rob Fleming Recreation Center, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands
- 281-516-7348. www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov
Woodforest Bank will hold its annual race competition, the Woodforest Bank TRI. This triathlon will include participants from beginners to nationally ranked triathletes. The event will culminate with a festive awards party featuring music, food and beverages.
- 7-11 a.m.
- $120 (individuals), $185 (relay teams)
- 281-210-3800. www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov
The Montgomery County Food Bank’s annual Outrun Hunger event will include a 5K Trail Run and a 1K Color Dash in Conroe. The event’s proceeds benefit the Montgomery County Food Bank’s programs for children, senior citizens and families facing hunger in Montgomery County. Guests can also enjoy live music, photo ops, a kids zone and vendors as part of the day’s event.
- Noon-3 p.m.
- $50 (5K), $30 (1K)
- The Lake House at Grand Central Park, 1039 Lake House Drive, Conroe
- 936-271-8800. www.mcfoodbank.org
Saddle River Range will host the Multi-County Crime Stoppers Marksmanship Challenge. This event will help raise funds for MCCS, a nonprofit organization made up of a volunteer board of directors. Its mission is to assist local, state and federal law enforcement agencies operating within Montgomery, Liberty and San Jacinto counties to gather intelligence about local felony crimes and locate wanted felony fugitives. Registration to participate is required.
- 4:30 p.m. (check-in), 6 p.m. (tournament begins)
- Saddle River Range, 4280 FM 1488, Conroe
- 800-392-7867. www.multicountycrimestoppers.org