Interim Superintendent Grenita Lathan told the board of trustees this week that she anticipates continuing the program all summer long, as long as the partnership with the Houston Food Bank allows it.
The Saturday event at the yellow parking lot of NRG is expected to distribute 10,000 food packages—approaching 1 million pounds—in five hours, from 2-7 p.m.
In the district's past two NRG events, about 1.3 million pounds of food was distributed, according to HISD.
Food distribution locations are as follows for May 2-8.
Saturday, May 2
- NRG Stadium yellow parking lot main entrance, 2-7 p.m.
Monday, May 4
- Fondren Middle School, 6333 S. Braeswood Blvd., 9 a.m.
- Sterling Aviation High School, 11625 Martindale Road, 9 a.m.
- Tijerina Elementary School, 6501 Sherman St., 11 a.m.
- Marshall Elementary School, 6200 Winfield Road, 3 p.m.
- Moreno Elementary School, 620 E. Canino Road, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, May 5
- Highland Heights Elementary School, 865 Paul Quinn St., 9 a.m.
- Madison High School, 13719 White Heather Drive, 9 a.m.
- Thomas Middle School, 5655 Selinsky Road, 11 a.m.
- Revere Middle School, 10502 Briar Forest Drive, 3 p.m.
- Shadydale Elementary School, 5905 Tidwell Road, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, May 6
- Clifton Middle School, 6001 Golden Forest Drive, 9 a.m.
- Northside High School, 1101 Quitman St., 9 a.m.
- Bonham Elementary School, 8302 Braes River Drive, 11 a.m.
- Bastian Elementary School, 5051 Bellfort Ave., 3 p.m.
- Henry Middle School, 10702 E. Hardy Road, 3 p.m.
Thursday, May 7
- Furr High School, 520 Mercury Drive, 9 a.m.
- North Forest High School, 10726 Mesa Drive, 9 a.m.
- Milby High School, 1601 Broadway St., 11 a.m.
- Tinsley Elementary School, 11035 Bob White Drive, 3 p.m.
- Fleming Middle School, 4910 Collingsworth St., 3 p.m.
Friday, May 8
- Waltrip High School, 1900 W. 34th St., 9 a.m.
- Navarro Middle School, 5100 Polk St., 9 a.m.
- Chavez High School, 8501 Howard Drive, 11 a.m.
- Key Middle School, 4000 Kelley St., 3 p.m.
- Benavidez Elementary School, 6262 Gulfton St., 3 p.m.