Harris County voters will be selecting candidates in local races and vote on statewide propositions. Early voting will run from Oct. 18-29.
Citizens can confirm their voter registration status at the Harris County election administrator’s office website or at the Texas secretary of state’s office website.
Visit www.harrisvotes.com for voting locations, sample ballots and other important information leading up to Election Day.
Voter registration eligibility laws require applicants to:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a United States citizen;
- not have been determined by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- not have been finally convicted of a felony, or, if convicted, to have fully discharged the sentence, completed a period of probation ordered by any court or been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote; and
- be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made.
Those who have not yet registered to vote have several options.
- Visit any Harris County Election Administrator’s Office location to submit a completed, signed form Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Download and print an application in English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese.
- Request an application online from the Texas secretary of state's office.
- Request to have a paper application mailed to you via email at [email protected]. Provide a mailing address and phone number with your request.
- Call 713-755-6965 to be assisted in English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese.
- Pick up an application at your local U.S. post office, library, high school or other government office.
Completed applications can be mailed at least 30 days prior to the election to the following address:
P.O. Box 3527
Houston, TX 77253-3527