The Cy-Fair ISD board of trustees will consider making several changes to attendance boundaries at a Feb. 11 meeting that would affect around 700 students at seven elementary schools and two middle schools.
The proposed changes are intended to rezone students from several overcapacity schools to campuses that are underutilized, officials said at a Jan. 14 board work session.
Throughout the planning process, officials considered several factors including enrollment projections, school capacities, the campus feeder system, geographical proximity of students to schools, community input and keeping changes minimal, Director of General Administration Kristi Giron said
“We don’t like to move students just to move them,” Giron said.
Elementary school changes
- About 76 students living in Stonehaven Apartments will move from Post Elementary School to Lee Elementary School.
- About 112 students living in Stoneway Village Townhomes, Bellagio Apartments, Windfern Forest and Windfern Gardens will move from Post Elementary School to Gleason Elementary School.
- About 252 students living in Blackhorse Ranch and Stone Ridge will move from Warner Elementary School to Pope Elementary School.
- About 45 students living in Ferndale will move from Francone Elementary School to Willbern Elementary School.
Middle school changes
- About 226 students living in Stonehaven Apartments, Sommermeyer, Westbranch West of E. Laud, Century Westway Park Apartments, Spring Branch Villas, Spring Branch Terrace, Westbranch and Westway Courtyard will move from Dean Middle School to Truitt Middle School.
Community input is being accepted at www.cfisd.net Jan. 17-Feb. 10. The board will review all feedback and make a final decision at a Feb. 11 meeting.
Parents and community members can also voice any concerns they may have during the citizen participation portion of the Jan. 17 board of trustees meeting, which will take place at 6 p.m. at the Instructional Support Center, 10300 Jones Road, Houston.