January’s case total was the highest of any other month since the pandemic began, followed by about 7,000 in December and 4,300 in November.
As of Feb. 28, the community had seen 51,839 total confirmed cases since the start of the pandemic, including 3,026 active cases, 48,545 recoveries and 268 deaths.
According to county data, the number of active cases in Cy-Fair has not been this low since late November, but 34 local residents died with COVID-19 in February—up from 16 in January.
See a breakdown of February data by ZIP code below:
- 77040: 352 new cases, two deaths
- 77041: 285 new cases, three deaths
- 77064: 406 new cases, one death
- 77065: 293 new cases, one death
- 77070: 415 new cases, seven deaths
- 77084: 1,016 new cases, three deaths
- 77095: 649 new cases, 12 deaths
- 77429: 715 new cases, one death
- 77433: 752 new cases, two deaths
- 77449: 1,151 new cases, two deaths