This brings the district’s total number of reported cases to 283 since the start of the school year Sept. 8. Based on face-to-face learning enrollment, about 0.23% of students and 0.81% of district employees have contracted the virus.
About 61% of students enrolled in CFISD are attending in-person classes during the second grading period. This number is up from about 45% of students during the first grading period of 2020-21.
Cypress Ranch and Cypress Woods high schools tied for the most cases confirmed last week, with six individuals testing positive at each campus, according to district data.
School districts throughout the state are required to report known COVID-19 cases to the Texas Education Agency weekly on Mondays. Weekly data is listed below, and campus-specific data can be found here.
- Sept. 8-13: four total new cases reported
- Sept. 14-20: 36 total new cases reported
- Sept. 21-27: 20 total new cases reported
- Sept. 28-Oct. 4: 31 total new cases reported
- Oct. 5-11: 61 total new cases reported
- Oct. 12-18: 65 total new cases reported
- Oct. 19-25: 66 total new cases reported