Grand opening event announced for Jersey Bagels in Cy-Fair

Currently in its soft opening phase, Jersey Bagels is slated to hold a grand opening event Nov. 30. (Danica Smithwick/Community Impact Newspaper)

Currently in its soft opening phase, Jersey Bagels is slated to hold a grand opening event Nov. 30 at 9522 Huffmeister Road, Ste. 700, Houston. Cory and Jackie Yates formerly ran the business out of their Cypress home, and this is the bakery’s first storefront.

The Cypress residents are both East Coast natives and told Community Impact Newspaper in a 2018 interview they wanted to bring traditional New Jersey bagels to their neighbors and support their community through the business. The bakery serves a variety of bagels, bagel sandwiches and pizza bagels.

Special guest AJ DeLaGarza of the Houston Dynamo will be on-site signing autographs from 8-9 a.m. on Nov. 30. 832-683-4297. www.jerseybagelstx.com
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.