This list is not all-encompassing.
1. Keke's Snow Balls
Keke's Snow Balls is a new restaurant in Willis serving New Orleans-style snow balls. The business offers a variety of creative snow cone flavors, such as s'mores, Mardi Gras king cake and cheesecake. The business also offers additions such as ice cream, sweet cream and brownies.
Luliet Ice Cream and Cookies, a dessert shop at Conroe, services The Woodlands, Magnolia and Conroe areas. The creamery and bakery offers 24 flavors of homemade ice cream, a variety of French macarons, and an assortment of scratch-made cookies, pies, cakes and other desserts.
- 3600 FM 1488, Ste. 105, Conroe
- Tue.-Thu. noon-9 p.m., Fri.-Sat. noon-10 p.m., Sun. noon-8 p.m., closed Mon.
- 936-333-6735. www.lulietbakery.com
Sweetties offers popular dessert items, such as frozen yogurt, candy bars and strawberry shortcake. The business also offers ice cream floats and waffles with ice cream.
- 3301 W. Davis St., Conroe
- Mon.-Fri. 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- 936-463-1000. www.sweettiesfroyo.com
Lottie's Shivers Shaved Ice serves 177 different flavors of snow cones with natural and sugar-free flavors including creative mixed options, such as Banana Cream Pie, French Cherry and Melon Baller. Customers can add sweet cream, chamoy, chocolate syrup and whipped cream to any snow cone.
- 2101 Maurel Drive, Conroe
- Mon.-Sun. noon-9 p.m.
- 936-828-6439. www.lottiesshivers.com
Bill Clevenger moved from distributing root beer to floating ice cream when he opened Texas Twist and Shakes in historic Montgomery. The ice cream truck features 20 flavors of ice cream and milkshakes.
- 404 Caroline St., Montgomery
- Wed.-Thu. 3-8 p.m., Fri. 3-9 p.m., Sat. noon-9 p.m., Sun. 1-8 p.m., closed Mon.-Tue.
- 936-537-6598. www.facebook.com/texastwistandshakes
El Kiosko is a Mexican-style ice cream shop that serves multiple flavors of ice cream, fruit salad, natural juices and milk shakes. The shop is also known for it's water-based snow texture ice cream and fruit concoction called Troles.
- 203 E. Davis St., Ste. A, Conroe
- Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Sat. 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun. noon-9 p.m.
- 936-703-5357. www.elkioskofrutasyhelados.com
Montgomery Original Snoballs is a veteran-owned and operated family business that sells New Orleans-style shaved iced with a variety of flavors. The menu also includes sugar-free options, fresh fruit toppings and the option to add cold brewed coffee to any shaved ice.
- 14460 Liberty St., Ste. A, Montgomery
- Mon.-Sun. noon-8 p.m.
- 936-788-4477. www.mosnoballs.com
The Paleta Bar serves handmade ice pops made from fresh fruit or sweet cream and milk. Customers can choose a base for the paleta; dip it in dark, white or milk chocolate, or powdered chili and chamoy; and then top it off with specialty toppings. The popsicle bar also offers mixed fruit cups and aguas frescas.
- 15258 Hwy. 105 W., Montgomery
- Mon.-Thu. noon-9 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m., Sun. noon-10 p.m.
- 936-228-6351. www.thepaletabar.com