The drive-thrus are open to adults and children age 2 and older from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. According to MD Medical Group, select locations have the ability to administer 1,200 tests per day.
Those looking to get tested must schedule an appointment by calling or texting 888-776-5252. Same-day appointments are available.
The drive-thru sites are intended to allow people to get tested for COVID-19 while reducing demand at local hospitals, according to the medical group.
Julia Robles, lead medical assistant at Clinicas Mi Doctor, said the health professionals at the clinic start by assessing whether a patient is showing symptoms of COVID-19 and whether they have been exposed to the disease.
“We do a quick questionnaire, and then, we will test them for flu and strep first,” Robles said. “And then, if they meet the criteria, we’ll go ahead and do COVID-19 testing on them as well.”
MD Medical Group has drive-thru testing facilities at the following Dallas-Fort Worth locations.
- MD Family Clinic—Marsh: 9991 Marsh Lane, Ste. 100, Dallas
- MD Family Clinic—Irving Heights: 1111 S. Irving Heights Drive, Irving
- MD Family Clinic—Bruton: 9709 Bruton Road, Dallas
- MD Kids Pediatrics—West Plano: 7800 Preston Road, Ste. 300, Plano
- MD Kids Pediatrics—Saner: 3201 W. Saner Ave., Dallas
- Clinicas Mi Doctor—Seminary: 4200 South Freeway, Ste. 106, Fort Worth
- Clinicas Mi Doctor—Lewisville: 701 S. Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville