From Dec. 23-26 and on Jan. 2, there will be no trash, recycling, or brush and bulky item collection services. While there will be no makeup days for trash or bulky item collection, recycling services will have makeup days one day before or after the regularly scheduled date, depending on the day.
Nearly all public facility operating hours will be affected by the holidays.
- The Animal Shelter will be open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Dec. 23, and closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1.
- The Eisemann Center will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1-2.
- The Gymnastics Center will be closed Dec. 23-26 and Dec. 31-Jan. 2. The Heights Recreation Center, Huffhines Recreation Center and Tennis Center—which are all closed on Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1—will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 31 and Jan. 2.
- The Library will change its hours to close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 23 and Dec. 31, and will be closed Dec. 24-26 and Jan. 1-2.
- The Municipal Court—which hosts City Hall and Civic Center activities following the Aug. 22 City Hall fire—Richardson IQ headquarters and Service Center plan to be closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
- The Senior Center will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1. It will have different operating hours Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 31 and Jan. 2.
- The Sherrill Park Golf Course will be closed Dec. 25.
For a detailed schedule of services, click here.