There will be no change to trash and recycling collections for the remainder of the year, though there will for the first week of 2022. Residents scheduled for trash and recycling pickup on Mondays will have pickup Jan. 4, while those who normally have Tuesday pickup will move to Jan. 5. Residents who normally have Wednesday pickup will move to Jan. 6, and those who normally have pickup on Thursdays will move to Jan. 7.
Yard trimmings will not be collected Dec. 27-31, the website states.
Adjusted hours for city facilities due to the upcoming holidays can be found below:
• Animal Shelter: closed Dec. 23-25, Jan. 1-3
• Carpenter, Oak Point, Liberty and Tom Muehlenbeck recreation centers: closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 but open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 24 and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 31
• Day Labor Center: closed Dec. 23-25 and Jan. 1-3 but open 6 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 22
• High Point Tennis Center: closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 but open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31
• North Texas Municipal Water District Transfer Station & 121 Regional Disposal Facility: closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
• Oak Point Nature and Retreat Center: closed Dec. 23-25 and Jan. 1-3 but open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 31
• Pecan Hollow Golf Course: closed Dec. 25 but open 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 24
• Plano Aquatic Center: closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 but open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31
• Plano Municipal Offices: closed Dec. 23-24 and Jan. 3
• Plano Public Library (Davis, Haggard, Harrington, Parr and Schimelpfenig libraries): closed Dec. 23-25 and Jan. 1-3
• Sam Johnson Recreation Center for Adults 50-plus: closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 but open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 24 and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 31
• Texas Pure Products Regional Composting Site and Custer Road Facility: closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1-3
Editor's note: This article has been updated to correct the rescheduled trash and recycling pickup dates for residents.