Plano has ordered restaurants to shut down their dine-in services, leaving dining establishments to lean on a combination of takeout, drive-thru and delivery for revenue.
Bars, clubs, gyms and movie theaters were ordered to close entirely as part of the city's emergency response to the coronavirus.
Still, some dining and shopping establishments in Plano are finding innovative ways to stay open while also attempting to slow the spread of the virus. Community Impact Newspaper is regularly contacting Plano businesses to learn more about how they are managing. The latest updates can be found below.
Readers and business owners can share updates with our Plano news team by calling 512-989-6808 or by emailing [email protected].
- The Shops at Willow Bend closed as of 7 p.m. March 23 and expects to reopen April 6. Dillard’s has decided to stay open, according to the mall, and other retailers may as well. The mall is located at 6121 W. Park Blvd., Plano. 972-202-4900
- Lyla's: Clothing, Decor & More is offering online shopping with shipping or free store pickup. Customers can call the clothing and furniture store for personal Facetime shopping. 214-907-6239.
- Pipe & Palette is encouraging customers to message their Facebook page or email the store to shop for items. The email address is [email protected].
- La Foofaraw is accepting Facebook messages (link here) for shopping inquiries. The downtown Plano interior design store offers home decor, accessories and candles, among other items.
- The Feathered Nest is selling products through their Facebook page. Customers can shop for clothing, jewelry, and other gifts via Facebook message.
- Sweet Home Bath & Body is offering online shopping and free home delivery on orders above $10 through the end of the month. The downtown storefront is closed for the time being.
- AAI Trophies & Awards is selling corporate and sports award hardware by email or by phone. 972-422-9420.
- Holman Pottery is offering curbside pickup and shipping options for pottery items at 914 18th St., Plano. Virtual shopping options are also available through phone and text. 972-424-9982
- 99 Ranch Market on March 19 began reserving the first hour of business on weekdays for those 60 and older, expectant mothers, those with disabilities and those with compromised immune systems at 131 W. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano. 972-943-8999
- Vomfass is offering curbside pickup at its locations at 8315 Preston Road, Ste. 300, Plano, and 4909 W. Park Blvd., Ste. 117, Plano. Next-day delivery is available as well. 469-443-0380; 469-579-4449
- Patriot SoftWash is open and offering free quotes and consultations over the phone or at their website. The company is a mobile sanitizing service for exteriors, common areas, playground equipment and more. 972-402-6810
- Gus’s Car Care announced that it is remaining open for automotive needs at 1820 14th St., Plano, and is encouraging those with questions to either call, email or Facebook message the team. 972-424-1371
- The Plano Chamber of Commerce created a Facebook group March 17 to support the various businesses that make up its membership. The group features takeout options from local restaurants as well as deals and online shopping offerings. Those interested can request membership. 972-424-7547
- All Cinemark theaters will be temporarily closed beginning March 18. The closure will continue until further notice. All prepurchased tickets will be refunded, the company said in an online statement. Plano has Cinemark locations at 3800 Dallas Parkway, Plano; 7201 N. Central Expressway, Plano; and 1818 Coit Road, Plano. 800-246-3627
- Lush temporarily closed March 16 at The Shops at Willow Bend, 6121 W. Park Blvd., Ste. C125, Plano. The cosmetic company announced March 15 that its 258 stores across Canada and the United States will be closed March 16-29 as part of its effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Online sales will continue during that time, the release said. 972-202-4573
- Mudleaf Coffee is selling gift cards on its website and offering curbside and to-go ordering. The shop also plans to start home deliveries on March 23. In addition to drinks and food, the store offers merchandise. Customers can call the store to order. 469-931-2233.
- Crave Popcorn Co. is offering delivery and curbside pickup at 4021 Preston Road, Ste. 619, Plano. Hours for the store are 11 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. 972-608-9900
- Bread Winners Cafe & Bakery is open for curbside and to-go orders at 4021 Preston Road, Plano. Orders are also available for delivery via Caviar from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. 972-312-9300
- Millstone Bakery is accepting orders over the phone for next-day pickup at 3020 Legacy Drive, Ste. 150, Plano. Curbside service is available upon request. 972-618-2253
- Dubs Tea N' Eats has added its full menu to delivery services GrubHub, Uber Eats and DoorDash. Orders can also be texted and picked up curbside. Dubs’ menu is available online. 972-985-2700
- Mallow Box is offering curbside service in front of the food court at The Shops at Willow Bend, 6121 W. Park Blvd., Plano. Prepackaged goods can be ordered online by selecting pickup as the shipping method and then texting the pickup time. Other treats can be ordered via text or email. 469-447-6537
- Jorg’s Cafe Vienna is open for call-in or walk-in orders for pickup at 1037 E. 15th St., Plano. 972-509-5966
- Olive Garden is offering delivery and car side to go at 700 N. Central Expressway, Plano. Orders can be made online.
- Longhorn Steakhouse is offering to-go services at 3421 N. Central Expressway, Plano. Ordering is available online or over the phone. 469-782-3758.
- Seasons 52 is offering to-go meals for individuals and family-style meals for four people at 7300 Lone Star Drive, Plano. Ordering is available online or over the phone. 972-312-8852.
- Apple Spice has extended its hours and has added a home delivery option to its services at 1100 Jupiter Road, Ste. 190, Plano. Orders can be made online or by calling in. 469-209-0229
- Legacy Hall is open with select eateries available for carryout service until 9 p.m. Bars are closed. 972-846-4255
- Newk’s Eatery is offering curbside pickup, in-store pickup, delivery and grab-and-go express options at 5960 W. Parker Road, Plano. 469-298-2071
- Jersey Mike’s stores in Plano will be open for customers to enter the store and place an order to-go. Online, call-in and third-party delivery are also available.
- Chipotle, with four locations in Plano, is offering delivery through Uber Eats. Through March, Uber Eats delivery fees will be waived on Chipotle orders of $10 or more.
- All Shell Shack locations are now available for ordering on Uber Eats. The Shell Shack at 1855 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 100, Plano, will offer delivery and curbside pickup. The restaurant will also sell six- and 12-packs of beer and bottles of liquor with a valid ID.
- Holy Grail Pub will offer food to-go service from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. beginning March 19. Guests can call the restaurant to order and have food brought to their cars at 8240 Preston Road, Ste. 150, Plano. Holy Grail food is also available for delivery via DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Favor. 972-377-6633
- Bulla Gastrobar will partner with Uber Eats this week to provide free food delivery. The tapas restaurant remains open at Legacy West for delivery and takeout, offering shareable Spanish dishes and drinks. 972-805-4590
- True Food Kitchen will close its Legacy West location March 18-27, part of the company’s closures of all 33 locations nationwide. The company has pledged to continue paying its employees through March 27 and will distribute food from its kitchens to employees to support their families. 214-291-9591
- Chick-fil-A is temporarily closing its dining rooms as of March 15. Depending on the location, the restaurants may offer drive-thru service or takeout, delivery or mobile order options. Plano has seven Chick-fil-A locations. 866-232-2040
- Fish City Grill and Half Shells is offering delivery via Favor, DoorDash and UberEats. The restaurant is also temporarily offering curbside pickup at 5800 Legacy Drive, Ste. C2, Plano. 469-241-1300
- Kenny’s Burger Joint, Kenny’s East Coast Pizza and Kenny’s Smoke House are offering to-go orders and delivery via DoorDash at 5809 Preston Road, Ste. 588, Plano; 4701 W. Park Blvd., Ste. 101, Plano; and 5760 Legacy Drive, Ste. 4, Plano. 972-378-0999; 972-519-9669; 972-473-7478
- Sea Breeze is taking to-go orders, including curbside pickup upon request, at 4017 Preston Road, Ste. 530, Plano. 972-473-2722
- Sip and Savor announced it is closing March 16 at 3921 Coit Road, Plano. The restaurant and wine bar’s closing is due to the lack of guests following the spread of the coronavirus, the announcement said.