According to city officials, on Wednesday morning the following locations had high water, causing the roads to close:
- Community Center Road behind the McKinney Community Center
- Park View Avenue at US 75 under the bridge
- Towne Lake entrances are barricaded
- Valley Creek Trail at US 75
- Woodlawn and McIntire roads
According to the National Weather Service, Collin County is under a flood warning which is expected to expire Thursday morning.
It takes six inches of fast-moving water to knock down an adult and a foot of water to carry away a small car, according to the fire department.
Tuesday night the McKinney Fire Department rescued four people from cars swept away by the flooding at Towne Lake Park. Two people were brought to safety by boat and two others were able to walk out, according to a press release from the department.
Heavy rain was also seen at Craig Ranch Fitness & Spa, located at 7910 Collin McKinney Parkway.