As part of the partnership, those traveling within the specified Highland Village Lyft Zone will receive a $2 discount for Lyft rides beginning Jan. 15.
“Providing innovative mobility solutions for riders is a major priority for DCTA,” DCTA President Jim Cline said. “Our partnership with Lyft will help us continue to provide efficient transit options for the communities we serve.”
This new partnership replaces DCTA’s partnership with Uber. Riders will now need to download the Lyft mobile app to access the discount. The new Lyft discount program specifics will remain similar to the agency’s prior discount program:
- Service hours: Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Lyft zone: Highland Village and northern Lewisville (same as the previous Uber zone)
- Rider discount: Same $2 discount will now be applied to Lyft rides (no additional discounts offered on any DCTA bus or train services)
"We’re proud to partner with the DCTA to enhance mobility and access to transit for residents and visitors to the Highland Village community,” Lyft’s Transit Partnership Manager Paul Davis said. “Lyft is committed to improving our communities by working with transit agencies to develop solutions that decouple mobility from car ownership."
Below are specific instructions for riders to access the DCTA-sponsored $2 discount through the Lyft program for trips that start and/or end in the designated Highland Village Lyft Zone during service hours:
- In the Lyft app, select “Promos.”
- Enter the promo code RIDEDCTA2 to enroll in the discount program; this is the only time a user has to enter the code to enroll in the program.
- Users can select “View coverage area” in the promotional section to see the designated Highland Village Lyft Zone.