Backpacks filled with school supplies, personal protective equipment, financial assistance resources and U.S. Census forms will be available at the 13 existing locations.
Income verification and wage requirements remain suspended for the drive-thru grocery services, the release said.
The 13 locations offering the backpacks with supplies are as follows.
- 712 W. Abram St., Arlington
- 5302 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas
- 1508 E. McKinney St., Denton
- 1855 E. Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth
- 3023 N.W. 24th St., Fort Worth
- 451 W. Ave. D, Garland
- 250 E. Grauwyler Road, Irving
- 206 W. Main St., Lewisville
- 600 Wilson Creek Parkway, McKinney
- 1617 W. Jefferson Blvd., Oak Cliff
- 3528 E. 14th St., Plano
- 8341 Elam Road, Pleasant Grove
- 620 Farley St., Waxahachie
“With an uptick in evictions looming, we want to ensure that families don’t have to choose between putting food on the table or making sure their kids have the tools necessary to excel in school,” said Major Bethany Hawks, area commander for The Salvation Army of North Texas, in the release.
The Salvation Army of North Texas has distributed more than 2 million pounds of groceries through its 17 locations, including the 13 drive-thru options, and has provided nearly $600,000 in rent and utility assistance.
For more information, visit the Salvation Army's website.