Lewisville’s City Engineer David Salmon said the project originally expected to be completed in December could be completed as early as March.
Sundt Construction was awarded a $16.57 million contract for the project in 2022, according to previous Community Impact reporting. Its scope includes construction of:
- An about 1,500-foot extension of Windhaven Parkway from Cookie Lane to Brown Knight Lane
- An approximately 100-foot-long railroad bridge
- Construction and removal of temporary shoofly track
- Permanent track
- A new roadway underpass
- A stormwater lift station
- Other associated structures
In a nutshell
The project was broken into three volumes. The first volume, which included utility relocation, is complete. Volume two includes underpass work, and volume three includes paving and draining.
Part three consists of extending Windhaven Parkway, a four-lane, divided roadway underneath the railroad, near Independence Elementary School.