Council approved the gift cards June 6. City Manager Jerry Ducay said since the city began the program in 2018, 78,904 gift cards have been redeemed throughout the city—putting $2.9 million back into local businesses.
“This is a great economic development program and it does so through our greatest resource, our residents,” Ducay said. “It gives [residents] the choice to decide which businesses receive the incentive by choosing where they wish to shop.”
- Each gift card is worth $35.
- Cards will be patriotic themed.
- Gift cards will be sent to residents before July 4 and are valid through Aug. 31.
- Cards are accepted at participating businesses in Colleyville.
- Through the Colleyville Ministerial Alliance, houses of worship will be given $50 Colleyville Cares gift cards to give to military families or families in need in their congregation.
- Colleyville businesses can request $35 gift cards for their employees.
- If a card is not received in the mail, Ducay said to contact the city and one will be sent.