Presidents Day is celebrated annually on the third Monday in February. The holiday was originally established in 1885 to honor President George Washington, but is now widely viewed as a day to celebrate all current and past U.S. presidents, according to www.history.com.
Day-use fees will be waived at the following forests and recreation areas:
- Angelina National Forest (Boykin Springs, Caney Creek and Townsend recreation areas);
- Sabine National Forest (Haley’s Ferry, East Hamilton, Indian Mounds, Lakeview and Willow Oak recreation areas);
- Davy Crockett National Forest (Ratcliff Lake recreation area);
- Sam Houston National Forest (Cagle Boat Ramp, Scotts Ridge Boat Ramp and Double Lake recreation areas); and
- Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson National Grasslands (Coffee Mill Lake, Black Creek Lake and East Lake Crockett recreation areas).