As volunteers and first responders continue to help victims and evacuees of Hurricane Harvey in Houston, businesses in Cedar Park and Leander are seeking public support to help Houston residents through a variety of means.
Some of the local efforts include:
- All nine locations of Summermoon Coffee Bar will be donating 25 percent of proceeds to victims of Hurricane Harvey on Labor Day. The coffee bar’s Cedar Park area location is at 14900 Avery Ranch Blvd., Austin. http://woodfiredcoffee.com
- Blue Corn Harvest Bar and Grill is holding a Houston donation drive starting Tuesday. The restaurant will be taking basic necessity items, such as new undergarments, toiletries, new bed pillows and blankets, cleanup supplies, inflatable mattresses and more to the Austin Disaster Relief Network. Items can be dropped off at 700 E. Whitestone Blvd., Ste. 204, Cedar Park. 512-528-0889. www.bluecornharvest.com
- Eileen’s Colossal Cookies is partnering with Keller Williams Cedar Park/Leander to collect items for the relief effort. Items include wheel barrels, large black trash bags, cleaning supplies, toiletries, bottled water, Visa or Master Card gift cards and more. Items can be dropped off at 401 W. Whitestone Blvd., Ste. C-800, Cedar Park, or 900 Quest Parkway, Cedar Park.
- Red Horn Coffee House and Brewing Company, located at 13010 W. Parmer Lane, Cedar Park, is donating $1 of every house beer and drip coffee sold through Sept. 2 to disaster relief. 512-986-7038. http://redhornbrew.com
- The Rotten Bunch restaurant and wine bar is accepting donated goods that will be taken to the Austin Disaster Relief Network on Sept. 1. The restaurant is located at 14900 Avery Ranch Blvd., Cedar Park. If people cannot donate items to the network directly, the restaurant will take supplies Aug. 29-31. The network is not asking for clothes, but is seeking the following items:
- New undergarments (all sizes, children and adult)
- New socks (all sizes, children and adult)
- Toiletries (i.e.: shampoo, face wash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- New bed pillows
- New blankets
- Cleanup supplies
- Black trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives
- Leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Baldy’s Jeep Shop is a drop off location for water, cleaning supplies and non-perishable food items for victims. People can donate these items until 7 p.m. Aug. 28 at 1001 Doris Lane, Ste. 102, Cedar Park. 512-968-0772. www.BaldysJeep.com
- The Red Cross is accepting donations to benefit evacuees and victims. People can call 1-800-RED CROSS, visit www.redcross.org/donate or text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Bohemian Barbecue, Whitestone Brewery and Kai Sushi are collecting items for flood victims. Items can be dropped off either at the brewery, 601 E. Whitestone Blvd., Bldg. 5, Cedar Park, at Kai Sushi, 1805 S. US 183, Ste. 400, Leander or with the barbecue food trucks. Lance Speck with Bohemian Barbecue said items being collected now include:
- Paper goods
- Non-perishable and canned foods
Speck said the business plans to collect items for clean up operations in the upcoming weeks. Items will be taken to the local Red Cross. To learn more, call Bohemian Barbecue at 512-701-2527 or visit www.bohemianbarbecue.com.
This list is non-comprehensive and may expand with new information.