The office, located at 350 Discovery Blvd., Ste. 101, will be closed July 17 as crews begin construction. It will reopen July 18 with limited staff using temporary space in the same building. The temporary space will be in use until completion of the remodel, which is estimated for January. Improvements include the addition of a drive-thru, expanded lobby seating, more efficient work space and additional workstations for future growth.
Residents can avoid the construction and lines by renewing their motor vehicle registration through the following resources:
- Online at http://texas.gov
- By mail at 904 S. Main St., Georgetown, TX 78626
- Any Williamson County H-E-B service center, including:
- H-E-B, 170 E. Whitestone Blvd., Cedar Park
- H-E-B, 2800 E. Whitestone Blvd., Cedar Park
- AAA: Galleria Oaks Shopping Center, 13376 US 183, Ste. 108, Austin
Other tax assessor-collector’s offices in Williamson County include:
- 904 S. Main St., Georgetown. The office is open Monday 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- 1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd., Ste. 115, Round Rock. The office is open Monday 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- 412 Vance St., Ste. 1, Taylor. The office is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.