Posted Sept. 5: On Sept. 4, Eanes ISD released the schedule for its annual state of the district presentation, which informs parents of changes and challenges for the 2017-18 school year, highlights achievements from the previous school year and updates residents on the district’s budget. Three evening presentations were added to the schedule Sept. 6.
This year’s presentation will also include a discussion about the district's Nov. 7 tax ratification election and provide further detail on the "penny swap and drop" that triggered it. It would give the community the chance to lower the overall tax rate for residents while saving $3 million this year that would otherwise be subject to the state recapture system.
The presentation will be given on the following dates:
- Sept. 19 at 9:30 a.m. in the Eanes Elementary School cafeteria, 4101 Bee Caves Road, West Lake Hills
- Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. in the Hill Country Middle School library, 1300 Walsh Tarlton Lane, Austin
- Sept. 25 at 7 p.m. in the West Ridge Middle School library, 201 Scenic Bluff Drive, Austin
- Oct. 6: at 8:45 a.m. in the Valley View Elementary School cafeteria, 1201 S. Capital of Texas Hwy., Austin
- Oct. 10 at 6 p.m. in the Central Administration boardroom, 601 Camp Craft Road, Austin
- Oct. 12 at 8:45 a.m. in the Hill Country Middle School library, 1300 Walsh Tarlton Lane, Austin
- Oct. 13 at 9 a.m. in the West Ridge Middle School library, 9201 Scenic Bluff Drive, Austin
- Oct. 20 at 8 a.m. in the Bridge Point Elementary School library, 6401 Cedar St., Austin
- Oct. 20 at noon in the Westlake High School Chap room, 4100 Westbank Drive, Austin
- Nov. 2 at 7:45 a.m. in the Barton Creek Elementary School library, 1314 Patterson Road, Austin
- Nov. 3 at 8 a.m. in the Cedar Creek Elementary School commons area, 3301 Pinnacle Road, Austin