The class of 2020 commencements for Leander ISD’s six high schools will be held outside in John Gupton Stadium in Cedar Park, according to a June 19 news release.
The stadium, at 200 Gupton Way Drive and just west of Vista Ridge High School, will host morning and evening commencements during the following times:
- July 9: Cedar Park High School: 8-10 a.m., Vandegrift High School: 8-10 p.m.
- July 10: Leander High School: 8-10 a.m., Rouse High School: 8-10 p.m.
- July 11: Vista Ridge High School: 8-10 a.m., Glenn High School: 8-10 p.m.
Attendees must have a ticket to enter, and each graduate will be given four tickets. Seats in the stadium will be marked to promote proper social distancing. Each school will inform graduates when and where they can pick up tickets, according to the news release.
Graduation parties needing more than four tickets may apply online at this site.
All graduates and attendees are required to self-screen for any coronavirus symptoms.
Graduates and attendees are asked to ride together in one vehicle to aid with traffic and park in the following areas:
- graduates with the last names starting in A-M and guests will enter Gupton Stadium off East Park Street;
- graduates with the last name N-Z and guests will enter off South Vista Ridge Boulevard;
- district and campus support staff will enter off Gupton Way Drive; and
- handicap parking is available on both the home and visitor sides.
Graduates will be provided commemorative masks and will be required to wear them while entering and leaving the ceremony. While seated, graduates will be allowed to remove their mask.
Guests will be required to wear a mask as they enter and leave the stadium. While guests are seated, they may take off their masks.
The stadium will open two hours before each commencement. LISD’s clear bag policy will be in effect for all graduation ceremonies.
If severe weather is predicted, LISD will reach out to the community and inform them of any changes, according to LISD.
LISD's graduations were originally scheduled for May 28-30 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Coronavirus concerns caused them to be postponed to July 9-11, also at the H-E-B Center, before the June 19 announcement.