The city’s most recent sales tax report shows consistent year-over-year increases in revenue in the month of November.

The city receives updates on sales tax collection from the state. Its report is always two months prior, making the January 2023 report a breakdown of November 2022 sales tax collection.

The report shows that the total net collections increased in November year over year by about $161,429, or 4.7%.
Additionally, the report shows that Pearland sales accounted for 33.4% of Brazoria County’s sales tax collections in November.

The state of Texas’s sales tax rate is 6.25%, and the city of Pearland’s is 2%, totaling an 8.25% sales tax rate for city residents. Brazoria County does not levy a countywide sales tax rate.