Houston ISD resumed in-person classes Oct. 19 with 40% of parents opting to send their children back to classes for the first time since the COVID-19 outbreak began.

With the transition to virtual learning, district officials said they have closed the digital divide by providing 110,000 devices for every student who needed one, in addition to 36,200 hot spots to allow for internet connectivity.

According to data shared with Community Impact Newspaper, individual campuses have a range of in-person enrollment; for example, only 10% of parents opted for in-person at Carnegie Vanguard High School, whereas 72% of West University Elementary School parents did so.

The district had heard from over 90% of parents as of Oct. 9. The remaining 10% were counted as opting into in-person for capacity planning purposes, officials said.

Search the dataset below to see the levels of parents opting into in-person learning at HISD campuses as of Oct. 9.

Made with Flourish