TransMed Complex, located at 2510 S. Loop 336 W., Conroe, takes a holistic approach to treating a range of conditions and needs, from hypnosis at the TransMed Center, which helps relieve fears or addictions, to custom medications and natural supplements at Roberds Pharmacy, according to TransMed representatives.
The TransMed Complex is leasing vacant spaces on its second floor for like-minded practitioners.
Businesses at the complex
The TransMed Complex is home to 10 businesses. Here is a little bit of information about each of them.
- TransMed Center Medical Director Jody Caldwell started the practice in August, blending the best of holistic and conventional medicine to best treat chronic conditions, according to the center's website. The center provides services such as meridian stress analysis, hormone therapy and wellness and sports recovery. 936-441-8999. www.transmedcenter.com
- Roberds Pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy, has been open since 1980 but relocated to the TransMed Center in October, owner Van Tran said in an email. Roberds provides commercial and customized medications along with medical-grade supplements and vitamins, Roberds representatives said. 936-756-4254. www.roberdspharmacy.com
- Broth & Brine is the first gluten-free craft kitchen in Conroe. It opened in December and specializes in dishes made with fresh, whole-food ingredients, a press release said. 936-441-8997. www.brothandbrine.co
- Back Pain & Joint Center of Texas, a chiropractic clinic, specializes in whole-body integrative medicine, offers services ranging from sciatica treatment to back and knee braces, according to the center's website. The center has been open for more than 12 years but moved to the TransMed Complex in March. 936-215-6918. www.backpaincenteroftexas.com
- +40 Fitness caters to the fitness needs of those over 40 in a judgment-free environment with 30-minute sessions, according to its website. Appointments are required. +40 Fitness came to the TransMed Complex in August. 936-827-2258. www.plus-forty-fitness.com
- Family First Urgent Care offers office appointments for $75 with additional charges for X-rays or bloodwork, Family First representatives said. Three nurse practitioners started the practice five years ago and opened up in the TransMed Complex in August. 936-235-2825. www.familyfirsturgentcareconroe.com
- New Leaf MedSpa opened at the TransMed Complex in August. The spa specializes in areas such as laser hair removal, non-surgical facelifts, and body sculpting and contouring, according to its website. 936-628-5323. www.newleafnewu.com
- Violet Crown Massage Therapy provides integrated massage therapy that aims to find the source of patients' pain, stress or anxiety, according to a news release. Violet Crown representatives said they also offer couples massages and opened in August. 337-222-1035
- Bayou City Breastfeeding, the largest lactation consulting practice in Houston, opened a satellite location at the TransMed Complex in August, Bayou City representatives said. The practice offers in-home and virtual visits to address babies that have trouble latching on to their mothers for milk and can help with the transition into bottle-feeding. 281-305-0411. www.bayoucitybreastfeeding.com
- Psychologist Emily Mayfield of Mindset Therapy said she uses a virtual therapy model that allows clients to pay for unlimited text messaging and video options through her subscription service in 30 states. Mayfield relocated to the TransMed Complex in August because she wanted to be part of a community that takes a holistic approach to health care, she said. 346-800-7055. www.mindsettherapyonline.com