1. Krishna Juice will hold its grand opening for the Richardson store off East Belt Line Road on Aug. 15. The juice bar will be located at 1300 E. Belt Line Road, Ste. 300, next to Mochinut and Flaming Buffet. Krishna Juice will provide juices, smoothies and ice cream. Traditional Indian dishes will also be included on the menu, including vada pav and pini pini. 214-744-5190. www.krishnajuice.com
2. Aloha Chicken and Shrimp will open in a second location in Richardson later this year. The new restaurant will be located at 581 W. Campbell Road, Ste. 127, next to the former space of I Love You A Latte coffee shop. No grand opening date has been announced, but ownership said it expects to open this August. Aloha serves a variety of Hawaiian-style rice dishes, including a surf and turf plate, a Spam hand roll and a coconut shrimp plate. 972-504-5676. www.alohachickenandshrimp.com
3. Desi Brothers, a South Asian-style grocery store, will open in its first Dallas-area location in Richardson by early 2023, according to a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing. The company, which started in Austin, will be located at 100 S. Central Expressway, Richardson. No grand opening date has been announced. Desi Brothers offers a variety of fresh produce, frozen foods and dry goods that focus on flavors and styles found around India and the Middle East, according to the company website. www.desibrothers.com
4. Ward Restaurant and Cafe will open soon in Richardson off of Greenville Avenue. The cafe will be located at 888 S. Greenville Ave., Ste. 222. The restaurant will be moving into a space previously occupied by Forno Pizzeria and Grill. No grand opening date has been announced. The cafe will serve a variety of Mediterranean-based food, including hummus and mashawi. A website and phone number is not yet available.
5. Premier Martial Arts will open a location in Richardson, according to a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing. The martial arts studio will be located at 3501 Custer Parkway, Ste. 216, Richardson, near the Tom Thumb grocery store. No grand opening date has been announced, but the TDLR filing said construction is scheduled to end by the beginning of December. Premier Martial Arts has 63 locations in Texas, including a studio in the Lake Highlands area of Dallas. 214-785-2115 (Lake Highlands location). www.premiermartialarts.com