1. Balkan Garden Bistro is coming soon to 2140 Hall Johnson Road, Ste. 118, in Grapevine. Owner Elvis Ramovic said he expects the restaurant to open in September or October. He said Balkan Garden Bistro will serve a mix of “top-end restaurant items,” including wine, cocktails, high-end ribeye steaks, pasta, burgers and more. Dishes will be served with presentation in mind, Ramovic said.
“Everything is supposed to be a social media moment where you just can’t wait to pull your phone out and record it, post it and show it to your friends and be excited about it,” Ramovic said.
The restaurant will feature items from the Balkans in Eastern Europe. He said many menu items will be similar to Mediterranean dishes but “with a little twist.” 817-975-7105. www.instagram.com/balkan_garden_bistro
2. Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House is projected to open Oct. 17 in Grapevine at 700 W. SH 114. Hoffbrau offers steaks, burgers, chicken-fried steaks and more at an affordable price in a relaxed, casual environment. Family-owned and -operated since 1978, Hoffbrau has locations across Texas in Amarillo, Benbrook, Granbury and Haltom City, according to its website.
Menu items include The Texas 2-Step, two steaks served on a bed of grilled onions and topped with fried onion strings, and The Cowtown, a chicken-fried steak with pepper jack cheese relleno, pico de gallo and peppered cream gravy. Hoffbrau also serves chili, soup, salads and desserts, including peach cobbler and banana pudding. www.hoffbrausteakandgrill.com
3. Original ChopShop is opening a Southlake location at 2101 E. Southlake Blvd., Ste. 100, according to a filing from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Original ChopShop is an eatery with protein bowls, sandwiches, salads, protein shakes and other health-conscious food items. There is no set opening date, but construction should be completed by Jan. 9, according to the TDLR. www.originalchopshop.com
4. Dunkin’ will be coming soon to Vineyard Marketplace at 2040 Glade Road, Grapevine. The new store will be located in an existing building that previously housed King Buffet. The building will be split for multitenant use, which Grapevine City Council approved at its July 19 meeting. The Dunkin’ location will have a drive-thru, according to the site plan.
Dunkin’ is a coffee and baked goods chain. Menu items include espresso and coffee, teas, frozen lattes and more, according to its website.
There is not yet an opening date, but renovations to the building’s interior are expected to be completed by July 29, according to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. www.dunkindonuts.com/en
5. A Tropical Smoothie Cafe will be opening in the Vineyard Marketplace at 2040 Glade Road.
The restaurant will be located in a space previously occupied by King Buffet. During the July 19 Grapevine City Council meeting, the building was approved to be split for multitenant use. The other tenant is coffee chain Dunkin’.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe's menu features smoothies that “inspire a healthier lifestyle," according to its website. In addition to smoothies, the restaurant serves wraps, sandwiches, flatbreads and salads. An exact opening date has not yet been announced, but renovations to the building’s interior will be completed by July 29, according to the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration. The Vineyard Marketplace location does not yet have a phone number. www.tropicalsmoothiecafe.com