Lake Travis ISD educators received exciting Zoom calls last week as the district announced its final winners of the 2020 Campus Teachers of the Year awards April 24.
Celebrations took place virtually during faculty meetings between April 21-24 amid the statewide school closure for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
“We have some of the finest teachers in all of Texas,” Superintendent Brad Lancaster said in a press release. “Now more than ever they work hard each and every day to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for students ina highly-demanding and ever-evolving profession.
Teachers were nominated by their respective peers for displaying exceptional dedication in their job. Selected teachers are considered knowledgeable and skilled educators who inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
One educator was selected from each of the district’s ten campuses and will be considered in the selection process for the 2020 Elementary School Teacher of the Year and the Secondary School Teacher of the Year.
The selected recipients will be considered in the regional and state Teacher of the Year program.
“Regardless of our new normal this is one of our favorite times of the year,” Lancaster said. “COVID-19 is not going to take that away from us.”
The 2020 Campus Educators of the Year:
- Bee Cave Elementary School: Rachel Hughes, fourth grade
- Lake Pointe Elementary School: Shannon Norris, first grade
- Lake Travis Elementary School: Idalia Gannon, fifth grade dual language
- Lakeway Elementary School: Maggie Bauer, second grade
- Serene Hills Elementary School: Kelly Stewart, fifth grade
- West Cypress Elementary School: Bianca Brymer, kindergarten
- Bee Cave Middle School: Jennifer Monshaugen, language arts
- Hudson Bend Middle School: Megan Guynes, social studies resource
- Lake Travis Middle School: Frank Assorgi, special education
- Lake Travis High School: Shannon Aguirre, Latin