The new tenants at Epicenter, located near Higley and Williams Field roads, include three restaurants, a juice bar, a restaurant bar, an exercise studio and a skin care retailer.
Epicenter is meant to be the urban piece for Agritopia, the development from Johnston & Co. in Gilbert and StreetLights Residential of Dallas, that celebrates Gilbert and founder Joe Johnston’s agricultural roots. Agritopia is built on Johnston & Co. founder and President Joe Johnston’s childhood family farm.
Epicenter will have ground-floor retail with 320 high-end apartments above. Johnston & Co. CEO William Johnston said the developers anticipate the businesses being able to move in, in fall 2021.
Here are the new tenants:
- Exercise studio barre3 is a franchise that specializes in barre exercise, which makes use of ballet movements and bars in its fitness routines. https://barre3.com
- Belly Kitchen & Bar is a second location of a restaurant at Seventh Avenue and Camelback Road in Phoenix. It has a small Southeast Asian cuisine menu with a drink menu of horchatas, teas, sodas, cocktails and wine. www.bellyphx.com
- Olivespa is a skin care company out of the family-owned and -operated Queen Creek Olive Mill. The products are olive-oil based. www.facebook.com/olivespaaz
- Raw Organic Juice Bar is a grab-and-go retailer of plant-based juices and meals. In addition to the juices, it has meal-replacement smoothies and green or traditional smoothies among other items. https://raworganicjuiceaz.square.site
- Source will be a fast-fine dining restaurant that uses organic ingredients from farm partners. The menu is Mediterranean cuisine with wild-caught fish and pasture-raised poultry and natural wines. The restaurant is a new concept and has no website or social media yet.
- Spinato’s Pizzeria & Kitchen serves Chicago-style pizza and Italian dishes. This will be the sixth location of the Phoenix-area restaurants that were first established in 1974. www.spinatospizzeria.com
- UnderTow will be the second location of a speakeasy-style bar with a pirate theme. The cocktail bar has a temporary site at the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale while it awaits its permanent Phoenix location at 36th Street and Indian School Road to be completed in March. https://undertowphx.com
Epicenter’s previously announced tenants include bar concept Beer Barn; Bunky Boutique, a clothing store; Gadzooks, a restaurant; Hooligan’s Barbershop; Matt’s Big Breakfast; Peixoto Coffee; Wylde Hair Salon; The Fit Collective, a group-training business; and Vintage Home, a home furnishings store.