Only the Democratic Party is having a presidential preference election this year in Arizona. The Republican and Libertarian parties canceled their elections. Voters must be registered members of the Democratic Party to participate.
In-person voters March 17 may choose from any of the 151 locations, which are listed on the Maricopa County recorder’s website. Six locations are in Chandler, and four are in Gilbert.
In Chandler, they are:
- American Legion Matthew B. Juan Post 35, 2240 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler
- Faith Church of the Valley, 2125 E. Chandler Blvd., Chandler
- First Baptist Church, 3405 S. Arizona Ave., Chandler
- Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 739 W. Erie St., Chandler
- Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center, 5901 S. Hillcrest Drive, Chandler
- Praise and Worship Center, 2551 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler
The Gilbert locations are:
- First United Methodist Church of Gilbert, 331 S. Cooper Road, Gilbert
- Freestone Park Recreation Center, 1141 E. Guadalupe Road, Gilbert
- Heritage Evangelical Lutheran Church and School, 421 E. Ray Road, Gilbert
- McQueen Park Activity Center, 510 N. Horne St., Gilbert
The sites are open for voting until 7 p.m. Early ballots may be dropped off at any vote center prior to 7 p.m.
All qualified voters in line at the polls by 7 p.m. on March 17 shall be allowed to cast a ballot.
Every qualified voter is required to show proof of identity at the polling place before receiving a ballot.
Any voter requiring assistance may bring a person of the voter’s choice into the voting booth. Two poll workers of differing political parties may also assist the voter in casting a ballot.