Across Gilbert's six ZIP codes, there were 6,685 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 on Nov. 6, according to data from the state. That's an increase of 106 cases from the previous day. That represents an increase of 8.03% across the town in the past seven days.
The state had 254,764 COVID-19 cases—an increase of 1,996 from the previous day and 22 newly reported deaths, bringing the number of statewide virus-related deaths to 6,109 on Nov. 6, according to data from the Arizona Department of Health Services.
The number of diagnostic tests reported in Maricopa County as of Nov. 6 was 9,594 with 13.66%—or 1,311 tests–coming back positive. Those tests include polymerase chain reaction, known as PCR, tests and antigen tests. The PCR test determines an active case of COVID-19, the other kind of testing data the state tracks is related to serology—or antibody—tests, which determines if a person has been infected in the past with the virus. Antigen tests "may not be as accurate or able to run as many patient samples per day, however, the quick results provide the ability to rapidly triage and make decisions," according to ADHS.
The county also reported 24 new deaths Nov. 6, bringing the county's death toll to 3,684, according to data from the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.
Of the county's 3,684 known deaths, 1,260 are tied to long-term care facilities, making up 34.2% of the county's total COVID-19-related deaths.
The state and county also track hospitalization data. In Maricopa County, 8% of the county's total cases resulted in hospitalization as of Nov. 5. The county tracks intensive care unit, or ICU, data separately, and 1% of the county's total cases have resulted in admittance to the ICU. Statewide, as of Nov. 6, ADHS reported 9% of the state's cases have resulted in hospitalization—22,018 cases across the state.
According to data from the state, of the completed and reported Maricopa County COVID-19 diagnostic tests, 11.2% of them have yielded a positive result.
Statewide, there have been 1,842,311 diagnostic tests completed. Of the total PCR tests across the state, 10.1% have yielded a positive result.